Wow, what a day! We are exhausted. First we went to Seven Falls right outside of Colorado Springs. There is a waterfall that has seven falls on it, hence the name Seven Falls. Look closely and you can see them.

There is a staircase on the left side of the photo that you can take up to the top of the falls. It is 228 steps. I decided to go to the first platform and see if I could make it the rest of the way. It is about 100 steps to the first platform and I thought I would die. My heart was pounding and I couldn't catch my breath! The air was so thin it was crazy! So needless to say I didn't make it past that platform. Here is a picture of Opa and me at the top and one of Jan and Paddy at the bottom (see the steepness of the steps on the right side of the second photo).
After Seven Falls, we took the Pikes Peak Cog Railway to the top of Pikes Peak Mountain. It is one of the tallest mountains that is accessible by vehicle or by the Cog Railway in Colorado. At the top it is 14,110 feet above sea level. Well, Paddy and I stepped off the train at the top and we immediately felt the Rocky Mountain High. I walked straight into the gift shop and waited for Opa and Granna to come take Paddy because I thought I was going to pass out! It felt like I was floating and was so dizzy. Paddy could feel something too you could tell because he was not happy. It also immediately makes you want to fall asleep. As soon as Opa got us back on the train Paddy passed out! I was not so lucky and had to drink lots of fluid before I started to feel better. It was about halfway down the mountain that I finally felt normal again! Here are a couple of photos of the train and the top (which I didn't experience myself...bummer!)
No comments:
Post a Comment