Wednesday, June 4, 2008
My Melting Heart
Paddy has been grumpy munchkin the last couple of days. I think it is partly due to his vaccines and part to do with teething. He is really chewing on everything, especially fingers...his and ours! When I put him to bed, I have a little routine I do with him. I give him a big hug and kiss and tell him how much his mommy and daddy love him. Tonight I think my heart melted a little, no I know it melted a lot. He had one hand on my arm and the other around my neck and he wouldn't let go. He wasn't squirming to get away, just held really still, so I thought he was asleep. I looked down at him and he looked back up and me and gave me the biggest smile. Yet, he still didn't let go. He held on for a good 3 minutes and I just stood there and rocked him and cuddled. It truly had to be one of the sweetest moments in my life so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH HE IS SO PRECIOUS!!! THEY TRULEY MELT YOUR HEART!!! LOVE YA GIRL!-Julie
That's what I call unconditional love for each other. As your dad, I am glad that you are experiencing this precious moment and feeling what I felt for each one of you when you were a baby and while growing up. The love I that I have for you and your siblings will always warm my heart, as Paddy's love for you have melt yours.
Post a Comment