BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cuddles

Well, tomorrow is the day we say goodbye to Cuddles. She has fought a good fight but is ready to rest. I still remember the day we adopted her and Rusty. They were about 6 weeks old and we got them from the pound. It was 1996 and my dad was away on a business trip. We told him we had a surprise for him when he got home and boy was he surprised! Although he probably won't admit it, he has grown to love Cuddles (and Rusty). Cuddles was a hyper dog who loved to play ball and beg for food. She never lived up to her name past the first week we had her. She traveled with me every weekend back and forth to/from Tyler for 2 years while I was in school. She has been a great dog and she will be missed tremendously. Over the last few days it became apparent to me that she has become uncomfortable. She is dehydrated which is causing her nose to become severely dry and crusty making it hard for her to breath. She barely eats anything. She staggers when she walks. She emits an odor of uric acid because her kidneys probably have completely shut down. So although the vet assures me she is not in pain, she is obviously uncomfortable. It was a hard decision to make, but I think the time is right.

I will miss you Cuddles. Thank you for always being with me. Hope there are tons of tennis balls for you to chase after and lots of corned beef and rice for you to eat!

3 comments:

Living in Denver said...

Bye bye Cuddles. Love ya. (there, I said it.)

Owen and Eric said...

We'll miss you Cuddles!

Breenette said...

I never met Cuddles, but having lost a few dogs of my own, one to sudden illness when she was only 4 months old, this just made me cry. The pic of cuddles is so very similar to the the last picture I have of my Turbo the night before she passed away.

I know it has been a while since you made this post...but I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss since I am just now reading it. :( Losing a loved pet is very difficult...I know. *hugs*