I was doing a little research on infant swimming and came across a story about a boy who was trained in the water. When he was 11 months old, they put him in the water face down, they taught him to flip himself over, and float on the water for 5 mins. By the time he was 4 years old, he could hold his breath and dive down to depths of 15 feet. So this is my new goal for my son. I don't remember the first time I went into the water, but I know I have always loved it. Today we put Patrick in the water for the first time. He absolutely loved it! He didn't even cry one time. I would dunk him under the water and the first couple times he sputtered and coughed, but after that he would blink the water out of his eyes and smile. He has always had really strong legs so he was kicking like crazy. He wouldn't quite relax enough for floating on his back yet, but we will get there!
We started this blog on a request from Mel's father who had to move to Denver for 9 months. He didn't want to miss Patrick and Parker growing up. Turns out we love posting on here. We have so many family members and friends that live far away that we want them to be a part of our everyday lives too. Hope you enjoy reading about and seeing Patrick and Parker grow up. Leave us a note every once in a while so we know your out there (I let the comments be from anonymous users so you don't have to create an account, but PLEASE leave us your name so we know who visited)!
Love,
Teddy and Mel
2 comments:
The last one looked like the Michelin tire boy!
He is so cute!!! I LOVE HIM!!!
-Julie
Post a Comment