Steph suggested I write about how Teddy and I met for those of you who don't already know, so here we go...
While I was doing my management training for Kirby's in October 2003, I was sent to Southlake a couple days a week. That is how I met Teddy. He would get there early to set up the bar and we would talk while we were working. He LOVED to bug me with the weirdest questions, like "Do you own a leather jacket?" There was no reason in any conversation we had that would lead him to ask that question and I thought it was strange so I wouldn't answer him. He would tease me for drinking those little juice containers from Welch's. He would make me laugh and we always had something to talk about. I learned all about his family, how he grew up in California. He had a dog named Agent 11, that he loved, but eventually had to give up to a great family back in Cali. Towards the end of my training, I told him I was flying to Baltimore to drive with my sister, Jen, back to Texas. He asked me if I would pick him up a shirt from Johns Hopkins, so I told him I would. He really didn't think I would do it, but even though he asked me strange questions I liked him, so I did. Once I got back from the trip, I was done training at his store, so I sent it with one of the other managers with a note that said something like, "Here is the shirt you wanted. Let me know if you want to go have a drink sometime." (Yes, I asked him out first!)
To Be Continued...
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment