
I think I am blessed and lucky to have the siblings I have. We didn't always get along but we love each other no matter what. Here is a little bit about my relationships with each of them.
Stephanie is my oldest sister by 3 1/2 years. We are so much alike we fought all the time growing up. She would always get so mad when we all went out as a family because people would ask if we were twins. After I graduated high school and was going to community college and after she graduated college, we lived together for about a year. We had a really cool apartment in Dallas and we had a lot of fun. Then after I went away to hygiene school, we drifted apart. We always had a good time together when we were all together for family stuff, but we never got as close as we did when we lived together. Then this past Christmas, she decided to stay a little longer and we really reconnected. I think I saw her almost every day for 2 1/2 months and it was great. I love her boys...they have so much energy and are so cuddly. Jamiee fell in love with Patrick and she was amazing with him. I miss all of them so much!!!
Jennifer is older than me by 2 1/2 years. I am sad to say that I don't remember playing all that much with her as a child. She liked to read a lot and at that point I didn't read, so we didn't have that in common. She was always the quiet one. When she was a senior and I was a freshman in high school we became good friends. She drove me to and from school every day and it was fun. I was really sad when she left for school. It was hard to see her go. I didn't go and see her that much when she was at Rice because I couldn't drive yet, but when she went to Baltimore, I visited her quite a few times. I made her get a dog one of the times I went there. That was fun and sleepless! When she graduated from Johns Hopkins, I flew up there and drove back with her to Texas. We stopped in Memphis and saw Graceland. Shea and her got an apartment in North Dallas and I moved in right above them. She continues to be one of my best friends. She loves me unconditionally, even when I am being selfish and moody! She is the first person I go to about baby advice because she reads everything!
Brian is my "little" younger brother. He is 3 1/2 years younger than me. He was probably the sibling I was closest to growing up. We were always playing games. We shared a room until Steph left for college and I wasn't very nice to him sometimes. One time I made him "move out" and he lived in his tent in the living room for a while! I know, mean right?? After he went off to A&M, I visited him a few times. We would always have fun and his friends were awesome. He really came out of his shell and away from his comfort zone and just blossomed. It was good to be there to see that. When he graduated, we got an apartment together. It was great to be together again. When he moved to Houston, it broke my heart. I cried for days!! He has been hating his job for a while there, but just recently changed positions within the company and is working 17 hour days but is loving what he is doing now and that make me happy.
So, that those are my siblings. They have so much more meaning in my life than what is written, but those are our memories. Only we know the meaning of certain terms, such as Razzle Dazzle, Effin Effie, and Furrie. I want that for Patrick. His own built in friends that he can create his own memories with.
One week from today, Paddy will turn one. It makes me cry just thinking about it! I am so happy he is healthy and a really happy baby, but I want him to stay this way! I don't want him to get older. Can I freeze him at this stage??
3 comments:
Thanks Mel! I love you!
About Paddy turning one... I think you'll find that every stage is an amazing stage and you'll want to freeze him in each one. It just gets better and better - until they hit puberty!
Love you Sis! Sorry I had to move away to Houston...at least it's not ALASKA :).
Thanks again for "letting" me camp out in the living room for a summer. If it wasn't for that, I probably only would've used that tent once.
Can't wait to see ya'll on Bird Day.
Hey Bug, did you even use that tent once for "real" camping???
Thanks for a very sweet post Melly. I am glad that we have such great siblings, too, and I am very glad that you moved into Rockwall so that we get to see each other more often now than when you were in Plano.
Love you, furrie
Post a Comment