Cuddles went to the vet today and we discussed with him what she has been doing the last 3 days. He checked her out and thinks she is probably stiff from the multiple seizures from Wednesday night/Thursday morning. He could have pulled a muscle or something when she fell off the couch during one of her seizures. He does not believe she is in any pain though. He felt around pretty aggressively and she did not whimper once in pain. So I was definitely relieved at that. Her other symptoms are actually side effects from the Phenobarbital. We hope to be able to reduce her dosage to 1/4 pill in the future. He did not want to do anything at the moment and let her heal a little while longer. For now, she is recouping, been sleeping pretty much all day today since all the activity has died down. I will take her in on Friday for more blood work to check her kidneys and see how they are working, if they are working at all. It's been a hard weekend with her, I was thinking the entire time that we were going to have to say goodbye to her today, but the vet isn't ready to give up yet and wants to give her more time. (He understands we are not going to spend tons and tons of money on expensive testing and surgeries for her and is taking the most conservative route possible.)
My doctor appointment went well today. Just checked the heartbeat and measurements. All is well. I failed 1 out of 3 of the glucose tolerance test, so am borderline, but she is not going to treat me as a diabetic. Whew...that's a relief! The baby has been moving my belly side to side, painful at times, but pretty cool to watch.
Paddy is cute as ever. He can almost fully count to 10, you just have to ever so slightly prompt him when he gets distracted. He sings along with his ABC Leapfrog. Still loves his Woody doll, animals, and cars.
So that's all. I will really really try hard to update more often, afterall, that's what NaBloPoMo is all about.
Here's a picture of Paddy, Cuddles and Woody that I meant to go back and post a couple days ago, but forgot...
2 comments:
Good job Mel!
Keep us posted with Cuddles.
Poor Cuddles....I hope she makes it. When they get older it is hard. Nobles is getting that way also. He is grumpy and snaps at me sometimes. But like I said it is hard to make those types of decisions. Love you Mom
Post a Comment