BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Potty Training

Do they have a service you can hire to come potty train your kid in a weekend?? (One that is affordable!) Man, potty training is not fun...much more work than I ever thought it would be too! Paddy knows what the potty is and he asks to sit on it quite often, but getting him to go is another story. When I put him in underwear, he knows when he pees and tells me. That is good, but the problem is I get him on the potty right away and he will finish peeing. Only he doesn't get it all out. I will sing praises, give him his pee pee treat of M&M's, put a new pair of underwear on him, and clean up the mess (if there is one). But 5 minutes later he is peeing again. I guess he is not quite ready to be out of diapers yet. He has had two truly successful potty trips where I KNOW he gets all of it out. We have tried standing to pee and sitting down, right now he does much better sitting down. So we will keep trying but I don't think he is fully ready yet even though we are!! Anyone have a surefire tip to potty training???

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Both of my boys started PT around 2, but didn't really "get" it until between 2 and 2 1/2. We also did naked days, which seemed to help as well. Maybe you can move his toys to the solarium for a few days and give that a shot? We also set a timer and took them to the bathroom every 15 minutes whether they needed to go or not. Keep trying. It'll happen - we don't see too many teens running around in diapers.

Jessica the Jacked LDS said...

wanna know my feelings? uhmm don't EVER do it. make them feel dumb when they go to kindergarten in a diaper and guess what. i bet they'll be trained in a DAY after that. haha.