So as of yesterday I am now in my third trimester. I really don't mind being pregnant. I actually enjoy it quite a bit except for the few complaints which I will go over in a minute. So being pregnant is great for these reason. I never had morning sickness with Patrick or this baby (so far). You don't get that monthly visitor, so you never have to worry about if you have supplies. You get to eat what you want (as long as you don't eat too much or gain too much weight). You get to wear cool stretchy pants and big shirts. You get to feel the baby moving, kicking, hitting, hiccuping, etc..., which to me is the coolest part. (Side note: Teddy is not so much into feeling the baby, he says it's not as exciting for him because he can't play with him/her. Kinda bugs me that he doesn't like to hold his hand on my belly and feel kinda what I am feeling, but oh well.) You don't have to pick up heavy things (except Paddy!) and you can get out of some chores sometimes!
But enter third trimester. Here's where the minor complaints from the first 6 months are magnified. I have always had back issues, mostly due to my profession. I try to get a massage every other week and have pretty much kept up with that being pregnant. Besides enjoying massages, it is really a necessity. I get so tight throughout my neck and shoulders so the massages are most of the time painful instead of enjoyable. Prenatal massages are not as good because they can't go as deep and depending on who you go to, sometimes you have to get a massage on your side. NOT COMFY. My therapist has a cushion that surrounds my belly so I can lay on my stomach, but she is not the best. I only go to her because she has this cushion. Anyway, back to my complaints. Back pain gets worse. The strain on the lower back is killer at times, especially if you stand too much or sit in a hard chair too long. You lose breathing capacity because the baby is pushing on your diaphragm. So you walk up a short flight of stairs or take a short walk, you are out of breath. You can't eat as much because once again, baby is taking up all your space. Leg cramps...had a REALLY bad one a week or so ago. Like screaming in pain. You pee even more often than the first 6 months, sometimes every 30-60 minutes. But my number one complaint is I can't get comfortable enough to sleep. I have always been a side sleeper so that is not the issue. Just trying to curl around your belly that won't move out of the way is not fun. Teddy is a trooper though, I always tell him if I toss and turn too much for him to kick me out but so far he hasn't. He says he just worries I am not getting enough sleep. I'm not, but what are you gonna do. Luckily my OB said I can take Tylenol PM or Benedryl for insomnia (I consider the uncomfortableness insomnia) so I occasionally take that to get some sleep.
That is my complaint. THIRD TRIMESTER=UNCOMFORTABLE. That's the only true word for it. As soon as third trimester started, it hit. I am uncomfortable. And I still have 90 days to go...
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor girl. It will be over soon, and once you have the baby, all will be forgotten. LY, Dad
I will rub your back...OK OK!! You know I love you! Dont start crying!!! HAHAHAHHA-Jewels
my lover doesnt care about feeling the baby either..annoying right?
Post a Comment