Uggg...I hate this part about pregnancy. I like being lazy but the nesting thing makes it hard to do that. I got the "bug" last night and did some cleaning that was long overdue! I had clothes piled up on the dresser, waiting to be hung up. My drawers were all a mess, there were clothes in the closet that I haven't worn in YEARS, and dust at least an inch thick (gross I know) by our night stands! So the bedroom, which often gets neglected because Teddy and I are usually the only ones who ever see it, is now clean and organized! I should have taken before and after pictures, but the nesting got the best of my before I knew I was going to blog about it.
During all this nesting, Paddy was a terror. For the first hour, he was content to play his games on my iPhone and watch You Tube videos about lions, tiger, and bears (oh my!). Then he saw all the hangers and started playing airplane with them, which turned into throwing the hangers into the laundry baskets, which turned into chasing the dogs around with the hangers and hitting them with them. Then I had some windex out and he tried to spray it in his mouth...ick! Oh and his new thing, which he has gotten in trouble for more times than I can count, is putting his juice in his mouth and spitting it all over the house. On the couch, on the tile, on the carpet, on his blankie, on the dogs, EVERYWHERE. Teddy says, "You are supposed to tell him to put his juice back on the counter." But what do you do when his juice is on the counter and he goes to get it when you are doing something else and you come back into the room and there is juice all over the place?? He knows where his time out corner is and he sits and cries in said time out corner. Then when you ask him why he is in trouble he responds with, "Tiger? Elephant?" You remind him he is in trouble and he finally admits, "juice, spit". So he knows he is doing wrong and he knows he is in trouble, but does he stop??? NO!! I don't want to have to supervise his juice drinking because if he wants a drink, I want him to be able to have a drink, but I don't know what else to do.
Ok, I don't really know how I got on a rampage, but what are you going to do? At least you know about Paddy's terrible two's!
I guess my family has decided the theme for NaBloPoMo this year is to post recipes...I guess I will need to think of some to post about! DAD.....remember---NO EGGROLL RECIPE ON YOUR BLOG!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
funny..i never got that nesting bug this last time but i'm totally getting it right now...just a litle late.
take advantage of it!!!!
ps...doesn't everyone have dust on their nightstand? who dusts their bedroom anyway? no one ever goes in there to see it...
You could try water only until he gets bored with it. That way, you would not have to worry about the stickiness, and he may be less inclined to hold it in his mouth for more than a sec since it won't taste sweet. He'll grow out of it soon!
OK, no family eggroll recipe for the public.
Steph is right, just water only during un-supervised drinking needs.
Today I have supervised all drinking, he never gets straight juice (always at least 50/50), even before now, but I guess if he wants unsupervised drink, it will be just water from now on!
Girl I still supervise my kids drinks, they have to ask if they want something...Of course I alway say YES, but from day one. IT STAYS in the kitchen, and sometimes yes they only get water!
-Julie
Post a Comment